Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day the Second!

Hi everyone :)

Well, today was day two of training. About ten of us started off with an informal American BCP service, for Morning Prayer. I enjoyed it quite a bit! Then again, I don’t remember a Morning Prayer service I ever really disliked. I’m getting to see all sorts of opinions in regards to worship, but there are so many Anglo-Catholics of whatever political persuasion here, it’s fantastic! Part of me still enjoys the earnestness of the churches I knew growing up, but the high liturgies are so exciting :).

Well, the rest of today was spent going over the programme, learning the campus, learning to use the walkie-talkies, speaking about cross-cultural differences, and tackling the infamous “dealing with difficult bishops”. They were all exciting, but the walkie-talkies especially were really neat! They even have the ear buds :p. Just kidding. The rest, I’m sure will come into quite good use I’m sure. What I found especially interesting was trying to pinpoint those ever so subtle differences between Canada and the States that everyone seems to try to deny, not to mention the bigger ones!

Things here will be getting interesting soon. I’m starting to learn my way around campus and into town, which is somewhat of a hike, but it’s a great town. The marketplace will be going up relatively soon too I believe. Jen Otto, youth coordinator extraordinaire, that means the mitres will be going on sale soon <=:)! My quest to pick up an accent is slowly developing, but I try to hide it. Hopefully when I get back home it’ll be perfected to a tee!

Anyways, hope everyone is quite well. Have a super Friday!

Best,

Nick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nick,

Good to read you. Just in case you don't get your mail.mcgill emails, I've sent a note around to the clergy inviting them to read "an insider's take" on Lambeth. So you might get increased traffic on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! So excited for my mitre! St. Georgie's won't be the same without you this month. Come back steeped in lots of anglo-Catholic goodness to spread.

Jen <=:), wearing my mitre.