Saturday, July 12, 2008

Oh no!

L'ordinateur, est mort!

It's official, my computer is no longer... :(. Fortunately, there's an all night computer lab just upstairs of me! How fantastic.

I have to say, put a whole bunch of young, interested Anglicans together in the same room for a eucharist and they sound really, really good! Add in twenty Religious and it's incerdible! I've never seen high Anglicans look so Pentecostal before :p, but it was quite exciting. We had two worship services today, and tomorrow we'll be joining the monks and nuns for everning prayer. While here, they'll of course continue to pray the daily office. They're an amazing group serving as the chaplaincy team, and at least one is from Canada! They can sing like no group I've ever heard and their joy is evident and infectious.

Today's training was pretty basic. We were told where the information desk is and were told how to lift heavy things... apparently you're NOT supposed to lift with your knees! Keep that in mind. :).

Tomorrow morning I head off to Canterbury Cathedral for mass. I saw the inside for the first time ever today! If I'm to get there on time though, I should probably be off!

I'll talk to you all soon. Hope all's well.

Blessings,
Nick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nick!

Thanks for blogging your Canterbury experience.Say hello to Garham Cray for me if you get the chance.

nick b.

Anonymous said...

Hi Nick! It's great to hear you are having such a splendid, brilliant (insert more Brit-speak here) time! Continue blogging--it makes fun reading for those of us back home. Love to you and please send love and gratitude to Bishop Barry. Ta!

Liz